Clonalis House is the ancestral home of the kings of Connacht and at various times the high kings of Ireland. The house was built in 1878 by Charles Owen O’Conor Don and was the first concrete house to be built in Ireland. It contains all of the original furniture, a collection of historic portraits and a library of over 7,000 books some of which date back to the 17th century. Outside the main entrance of the house is the O’Conor coronation stone where the kings of Connacht were inaugurated. The harp of the famous blind harpist Turlough O’Carolan also resides in Clonalis House. Clonalis House is a fabulous place to stay on either a B&B or self-catering basis. Tours of the house take place all summer from the 1st June to the 31st August excluding Sundays. The tours take place from 11-5, with the last tour at 4.
For more information click on the link below